Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Shake My What?!

This entry doesn't really have anything to do with gaming, but I'll try to tie in gaming at some point as I really wanted to share this story while it was fresh in my mind:

Tonight after dinner, I decided to take a walk around my neighborhood. As I walked around waving to people I don't know and cooing at strange dogs, it occured to me that I'm very lucky to live here. For instance, it never crossed my mind to be afraid of being attacked or harassed. Anyone I saw that were out in their yards just smiled and waved. I admired their new flower beds and moved along.
Honeysuckle is starting to bloom and kudzu is still trying it's hardest to beautifully strangle the trees that border some of the houses. I began to hear the chimes of the ice cream man in the distance and it made me smile to remember being a kid and going into cardiac arrest trying to get my change together and get outside before I missed my chance at a Nutty Buddy.

I turned a corner and saw three children waiting at the end of their driveway for that ice cream man. A girl that looked to be about 8 years old and two little boys, who both looked around 6 or 7. They had their change in a big pile on the ground and were arguing about how much was whose. I smiled at them as I walked by and felt that all was right in my world.

Imagine my surprise when all of a sudden I hear the angelic voice of a six year old boy, calling out after me, "Shake that little butt, girl!"
What the frak? I thought I must be dreaming until he said it again, clear as a bell. I kept on walking because I figured that there was no point in acknowledging he said it, although the lecture I wanted to give him was burning a hole in my throat.

In gaming news, there's a bush growing in my neighborhood that looks like one of the bushes in the Far Cry Instincts map editor. There, now we're back to gaming. Whew!
Related Posts with Thumbnails