Tuesday, May 9, 2006

PS3 I Hardly New Ye

Alright, let's get this over and done with. Sony's press conference was last night and we got a lot of stuff: them showing GT4 for about 3 years, the PS3 controller, and the launch price.

First, I've been saying since day one that there's no way Sony is going to launch at a higher price than Microsoft. No way, no how. I said it would be suicide to launch at a higher price than your competitor and that Sony is not that stupid. So it seems that I was incorrect in that assumption
. Now, I have to be honest, I do not think that this will kill Sony or the PS3. They are banking on dedicated fanboys and it seems to me that they are not interested in recruiting new Playstation gamers. Or they are depending on purchases simply because the PS3 will sub for a Blu-ray player that will cost much more.

Second, the 360/Wii/PS2 controller. I call it the "PiiS362". Nice one Sony! When I told you that the controller looked awful, I didn't mean for you to go out and bring me everyone else's. Sheesh. BTW, dual shock is out and motion is in.

That's all I have to say on it. There are other blogs and about a million websites that will give you actual information. This is just my two cents that will in no way afford me a PS3. Which I have decided that I am not getting after all. Unless Sony pulls a major rabbit out of it's hat and tells me it was just kidding...please?

ICandee
Related Posts with Thumbnails