Friday, April 28, 2006

Wii Are The World

How about a little break from the 360 to discuss Nintendo's latest bombshell, eh? When the "remote control" controller for the Nintendo Revolution was first announced, the majority's first thought was, "WTF?" Then it seemed that most people were intrigued by the idea, then they actually started looking forward to it. Everything was peaceful and calm. Nintendo fanboys everywhere rejoiced and all was right with the world...

And then there was "Wii" (see bomb dropped here)

The Revolution is not the Revolution. Nintendo's new console is not called the Nintendo Wii. It's just Wii.

Once again, shouts of "WTF" were heard all around the world. (I know I shouted it at least) My first thought was, "They are going to be a laughing stock! This has got to be a joke. Tell me at E3 that a different name will be announced...Please!" Now that I've had time to think about it...Well, I still don't care for it, but Nintendo isn't stupid and I can't wait to see how they are going to convince me that this was a good decision.
Here's a defense of Nintendo's choice in naming their new baby. It's make a good case in my opinion: Game|Life

Will the name keep me from getting a Wii at launch? Nope. But holy next-gen Batman, what a name!

ICandee
Related Posts with Thumbnails