Saturday, April 22, 2006

Saving Private ICandee

Anyone who has read my blog at all knows that FPS are not my strong suit. I enjoy playing them online, mainly because if I don't I'll have no one to play with as my guys are full on FPS whores. (And the award for best run-on sentence goes to...) One of my TehBias.com Dahlings mentioned the other day how he would like to get a group together to play a little Call of Duty 2. Apparently with the new patch out, this game functions much better on Xbox Live. So, being the sheep that I am, I said a little "bahhhh", shook my sweet little tail and ran out to my local GameRush to see about renting it.

Most of the time when I'm renting (or I admit, buying) a game simply for multiplayer, I'll play through the first mission or so in single player to get a feel for the controls. This is mainly so that I don't totally embarass myself in the group. (Blowing myself up is one thing, not getting off a shot the entire round is another) I just finished all of the Russian missions. Go me! Yes, yes, I know...This game has been there since Day One, but being a FPS crossed it off my list entirely at first. (These being the days when I thought PDZ would be the FPS to get my motor running)

But this is today and let me just say...I love this game!!! It has high tension and high action that never seems to stop. No time to celebrate, the Germans are back! Where are my sticky bombs? I need more ammo! In your face Stalin! I can't see where I'm going! Why is it so dark in here? America rules! Crap, cover cover cover...Run away! Run away! Die Facists Die! (German for "The Facists The") Enemy grenade?...where's it coming fr...BOOM!

And what's this? Could ICandee finally be getting quicker at aiming? Could Call of Duty 2 be the game that finally breaks ICandee of the bad FPS habit of having absolutely no skill? Um...well...sort of, yes. Now if you will excuse me, I have explosives to plant.

ICandee
Related Posts with Thumbnails