Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Parting (for a week) Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Well, only one more day to go until I leave for New York City (New York City?!?!). I'm not sure that I'll get another entry in or if I'll even be able to get anymore gaming in before I go *gasp*, so I thought I'd fill you all in on what's been going on and next time you hear from me, I'll be in the Big Apple!

1. I bought the Halo books this past weekend and am currently in the middle of "The Fall of Reach". Yes, yes I know these books are old but I'm just now getting around to reading them. I must say that I am really impressed so far and I am enjoying this first book very much. This will be nice to have with me on the plane. Or...

2. I could play my new DS Lite I got a few days ago. I traded my old one in at GameRush for maximum credit and then was without one for about a week before I took the plunge and got the Lite. Very glad I did! Except now I'm hearing rumors of a pink DS Lite coming out in Japan which just figures.

3. The new COD2 map pack is coming out this Thursday which would be a good thing except that I will not be home to download and/or play them as I will be getting ready for my flight. Which means: no maps for ICandee until she gets back home. Up yours Infinity Ward! (Just kidding, I love you Infinity Ward!)

4. I saw Superman Returns last night and enjoyed it very much. Anyone that has a chance to see this in an IMAX theater should definitely take it. The movie was made for IMAX. My favorite parts in the movie were any scenes with Kevin Spacey and Parker Posey in them. Go Evil, Go!

So that's all for me folks! Get in lots of gaming while I'm gone...kill baddies while screaming "ICandee!" or better yet, in the game lobby make sure to say, "This one's for ICandee!" right before the match starts. That should be good for dramatic tension and team morale. Game on everyone!
Related Posts with Thumbnails