I am living in a gaming haze at the moment. March has officially broken me. Too many great games have dropped (pricey games I might add) and there's just too many calling for me to play them. They've started to gang up on me, taunting me if you will. "Play me!" "No me!" "I got achievements...Muwahahaha" What's a girl to do?
1. Oblivion: I broke down and got the guide yesterday. I have discovered that I need to start all over again. My character that I had created is crap with no specialization in anything important. The guide basically said that "these skills are worthless and you should focus on others" and then proceeded to list every skill I had chosen. Crud!
2. Burnout Revenge: I'm almost done with the World Tour mode. I don't know if anyone else has experience this, but it seems like it was fairly easy and then all of a sudden I couldn't get through an elimination race! Sheesh...
3. G.R.A.W.: I did the training mission and that's all folks.
4. Me and My Katamari: Unfortunately I have been derailed in my quest to finally bite the bullet and buy a PSP. (Freaking escrow shortage) This is probably for the best however since it's not like I'm short on gaming equipment or games to play. But I still hate the thought of a Katamari game out there that I'm not playing...
5. Ghost Recon 2 and Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike: Older games I'm just now discovering. Past the training and part way through the first missions on each. I haven't seen any multiplayer action in either of these yet *fingers crosses*
6. Far Cry Instincts: This one is on preorder...Any chance this will be delayed until I get caught up? Argh!
7. Blazing Angels: Ahhhh...finally a new game I take a pass on. I played the demo the other night. Meh. This game just isn't for me. (so that's one game out of about thousand released this month I'm not getting...I've bought or preordered the other 999.)
In conclusion, I already suffer from gaming ADD but this month has just made it worse than ever. My Animal Crossing DS town has gone the way of the dodo and I'm afraid to go back there (roaches, weeds, mad townspeople, etc). And the above list doesn't even include Tetris DS and Metroid Prime Hunters which I haven't even gotten yet. Not to mention Unreal Championship 2 that I picked up for $10 that is now collecting dust instead of my love.
Is it time to weed out and trade in? Just thinking of trading in certain games and/or systems makes me see stars. I don't wanna! But it's gotten to the point where I'm so lost on what to play that I end up playing Hexic while all of my newest games give me dirty looks and design plots to lose saves and drop framerates the next time I play them in retaliation.
Thanks a lot Game Publishers! Way to release great games all at once! Heart of March, I stab at thee!
It’s Never Too Early For Christmas Crafts
2 days ago