Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Calm Before the Storm

Last night was one of those (unfortunately) rare nights where we put down guns, swords and health packs in favor of a deck of virtual cards. After raising my ranks in Burnout Revenge, I joined a couple of friends for some Hardwood Hearts in the Xbox Live Arcade. It was nice to "sit around" chatting with friends and playing cards without having to keep track of health and ammunition. Once we said good night, I reflected on what great friends I have, friends that can go from shooting baddies to shooting the moon and seem to like variety in online games as much as I do. Then it hit me...This is just the calm before the:

Far Cry Instincts: Predator

Ah....Now I see. This wasn't some random night of relaxing play. This was deliberate. My friends are resting...rejuvinating...regrouping. They know that I've gotten better at shooters but still have far to go. They know that I'm vunerable and unsure of myself. They know that I've never played a Far Cry game. They can smell my fear and are waiting in breathless anticipation to pounce!


Or they were just tired and didn't feel like starting up a room in G.R.A.W., whatever.




Related Posts with Thumbnails