Saturday, June 14, 2008

ICandee Jones and the Cave of Frustration

I was so excited to finally get my hands on Lego Indiana Jones. I was even more excited when I started the game and heard that trademark music...This was going to be awesome!

I got less excited when I realized that the baddies could shoot guns and throw spears while all I had were my fists and a lousy whip. Sure, I suppose that's true to the series and the game does try to help by allowing you to pick up chairs, bottles and what not in the area to throw at baddies, but by the time I pick up a chair, try to get a little closer so I can aim to throw it, I (and my dreams) explode into a thousand pieces...On the other hand, I can usually pick up a gun that's been dropped and you do get some time with a sweet rocket launcher..."Nice try Lao Che!"

It's like getting mad at a child for dropping their juice on your just mopped floor: they didn't mean to drop it, they look so darn cute and forlorn you can't yell at them or punish them, so you wait until they're out of earshot before you let loose the cussing and moaning that you now have to start cleaning all over again.

Welcome to Lego Indiana Jones...
Related Posts with Thumbnails