Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy 360 Thanksgiving!

I love this time of year...It's a time to reflect on what you're thankful for etc and so forth but I am not ashamed to admit that this time of year also brings back fond memories of the 360 launch. This time last year I was very much the kid at Christmas as I raced through London, cleaned up the mess my evil sister had made and avenged my father's death. My 360 was new (I actually still have the box it came in) and I was loving it.

This was my very first launch experience and I have to say that I had it easy. Mine was preordered at Game Rush. They only got 4 systems in so around 11:30 that night it was just me, my boss and the store employees. We hung around talking and what not and when it hit midnight, they rang me up and out the door I went at 12:05. It was pouring buckets of rain that night and I can still remember how heavy the box was as I walked to my car. Once I got home, I started playing Kameo and joined Xbox Live for the very first time. That was the night that I changed from "ICandy" to "ICandee" since the former was already taken. I rather like my double e's. Wait, what?

Anyhoo, I'd love to hear anyone else's launch stories now that it's officially been a year. And I would also like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! See you on Live!
Related Posts with Thumbnails