Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cannibalism and Inbreeding...On the Next Viva Pinata...

Now that my garden (North Pinalina) has reached Level 20, here's my opinion of Viva Pinata (short version):

Animal Crossing meets Harvest Moon while cheating on the Far Cry map editor...

The long version is: I've been playing this game for so long, I'm going to be sick (in a good way...I think). First, let's get the not so good out of the way: frame rate issues and your cursor targeting one thing when you're trying to target another. Whew, glad that's over! I have found (regardless of what other reviews might say) that there are times (especially in the beginning) where you find yourself with nothing to do. However, once things get going you'll find yourself with almost too much to do and it's neat seeing your hard work pay off (or watch some SOB of a Taffly destroy it, whatever).

An unofficial fansite has begun Wikipedia style, check it out here.

All in all, for anyone that digs Animal Crossing and the Harvest Moon games, Viva Pinata is the answer to our 360 "I need a quirky game for the love of..." prayers. Even with nothing to do I find it hard to turn the game off and once I do I always end up right back in my garden. Poor Gears of War...
Related Posts with Thumbnails