Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Animal Crossing Runs Parallel

Not being able to play much Fable 2 lately, I've been focusing on Animal Crossing: City Folk on the Wii. I've played all 3 versions on this game and although a lot of things have changed for the better (easier letter writing and instant fossil identification for starters), I still see so much more potential for this franchise.

Don't get me wrong, I have still put hours and hours into Animal Crossing: City Folk and will continue to do so. And if they never change anything, I'll probably still spend hours catching the same old bugs and fish and running from the same old bees in future installments. However, there's one thing I really miss from the GameCube AC and that's the music. Don't ask me why because I don't have a clue. I remember first starting AC: Wild World and being disappointed that the music wasn't there.

With City Folk, I was hoping they would combine the GameCube music with the DS music but instead we just got the DS music again. They have expanded how much interaction you can have with your villagers (including being able to complain about them at Town Hall) and luckily the holidays are back, but how much change should a franchise get with each new addition? Does Animal Crossing need an entire overhaul or (like the Katamari series) if it ain't broke, don't fix it?
Related Posts with Thumbnails