Friday, July 18, 2008

Finally, A Spectator Sport I Can Get Behind

I am not a big sports fan. I don't have a team I root for, I don't watch draft picks or stay glued to the TV for an entire season. I don't get all fired up and yell at the TV when my team does something bad (or good). I've never really even experience that feeling of "one more point, don't choke don't choke don't choke" Until now...




G4 is airing the championship in 4 episodes, the first of which I watched last night. It was like watching a major sporting event. They had commentators, flashy graphics, replays and some girl in tight clothes. I was really impressed and actually found myself on the edge of my seat at various points. Maybe it helps that I like watching people play video games. RuFfNeCk turned to me at one point, slightly embarrassed that we were watching it to which I responded, "What's to be embarrassed about? We're gamers. This is gaming. It's exciting and I've totally bought into it."

Now I just need to get wicked good at DOA4 so I can join the fun...either that or convince them to add Beautiful Katamari to their line up...

ICandee, You Game side note of the day: Checking out the CGS My Space, I ran across a blog entry explaining how G4 was going to run the episodes and found this little gem:
"G4's young male viewers are passionate about video games," said Neal Tiles, President, G4. To which he then added, "Maybe females play video games...we don't know...and frankly...we don't want to know. That's a market we can do without." Tool...
Related Posts with Thumbnails